The Fire Engineering/International Society of Fire Service Instructors George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training.
The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award will have:
- Displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire service through training;
- Advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness and safety;
- Gone above and beyond the call of duty in training;
- Brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs; or,
- Shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative program; and,
- Served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters
The George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award marks individual accomplishment. Therefore, while members of an instructional team or ad hoc training group, for example, will be considered, nominations in the name of a fire department or training academy are not eligible.
CLICK HERE to download the nomination form.
Nominations deadline is December 31, 2013.
Send the completed nomination form and supplemental information to:
George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award
21-00 Route 208 South
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-2602