In this episode I interview Dr. Burt Clark, author of the recently released book “I can’t save you but I’ll die trying: The American fire culture” shares his passion for firefighter safety and the need to change our culture.
Length: 79 minutes
- The Firefighter’s Genes: Fast, Close, Wet, Risk, Injury, Death
- Seatbelts save lives. So why don’t we wear them?
- Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Know when to call it.
- Best Practices
- The Pursuit of Higher Education
- His list of the best fire departments in America (from research he conducted based on criteria in the book: In Search of Excellence.
Guest Contact Information
Dr. Burt Clark
Premium Press America
Safety Dance (1982)
Men Without Hats
GMC – Virgin Records
Firefighter Near Miss Reporting System
The mission of Situational Awareness Matters is simple: Help first responders see the bad things coming… in time to prevent bad outcomes.
Safety begins with SA!
Share your comments on this article in the “Leave a Reply” box below. If you want to send me incident pictures, videos or have an idea you’d like me to research and write about, contact me. I really enjoy getting feedback and supportive messages from fellow first responders. It gives me the energy to work harder for you.
How to reach me…
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/SAMatters
LinkedIn: Rich Gasaway
iTunes: SAMatters Radio
Stitcher Radio: SAMatters Radio